The Bog Snorkelling Championships
Introducing The Rude Health World Bog Snorkelling Championships.
Bog Snorkelling is literally as it sounds, a competition where you snorkel the length of a bog, as quickly as possible. The event, hosted in Llanwrtyd Wells every August Bank Holiday Sunday is just the bank holiday inspiration you’ve been looking for. The event summons a global audience to snorkel two lengths of this notorious peat bog, weeds and all. The idea was dreamt up by Gordon and his pub pals in 1976 at the Neuadd Arms Pub down the road. It’s no surprise that 34 years later it’s a ‘must do’ in all of our calendars.
5 things you didn’t know about bog snorkelling:
1. The rules are there are no rules, actually, that's not quite true
2. There is one important rule, no conventional swimming. Flipper force alone has got to get you from a to b(og) in this competition.
3. Everyone’s a winner here. Everyone gets a medal.
4. Fancy dress is positively encouraged.
5. Swallowing bog water is positively discouraged.